Cooperative Living Magazine and co-opliving.com place a high value on the rights of our readers, and that extends to striking a balance between protecting your security and privacy, and your interest in using what is offered through the Internet. Our general approach to privacy on co-opliving.com is:
- to avoid content that could offend any reader;
- to collect information on you only when it is willingly and knowingly submitted to us;
- not to share that information with anyone else unless you are specifically and clearly informed;
- to use any information only for its stated purpose;
- to keep private and secure any information you submit, especially financial or identity related information, using state-of-the-art security technology; and
Here is the kind of information co-opliving.com collects:
- Statistical information — we keep track of statistical information such as how many people visit this site, how long they spend on each page, etc. This information is not connected with you or your computer in any way. We only know that someone visited that page; we don’t know who that person was. We use this information to plan what kind of changes we make to the site, and share it with potential advertisers or sponsors to show them how many people they might reach with a message.
- Information you supply — there are several forms on this site for you to participate in different programs or conduct business. These include subscriptions, sending in letters to the editor or other comments, asking questions of our contributors, submitting events, entering contests, or purchasing a product. We keep this information on file to better serve our readers in the future.
- Clubs and special groups — we may occasionally make offers for people to join a group and become a part of a “membership list” to receive special offers, newsletters, and be used in other ways that are clearly explained before you join. You can take yourself off the list any time.
- Cookies that recognize who you are — cookies are pieces of information a Web site can send to be stored on your computer. They recognize you when you sign on the next time and can make it easier for you to get back to the parts of the Web site that you like best. Cookies can do things like show your name when you first sign onto a page, or list parts of a site you might be interested in. Most Internet browsers allow you to turn on an option that lets you refuse to accept a cookie.
- Contests — we may occasionally run contests that ask you to submit information about yourself. You will always be provided with a clear explanation before you submit the information, on exactly how that information will be used.
- Surveys — we may occasionally ask for survey information to help plan our site, our magazine, or to solicit advertising or sponsorships. In general this information will be anonymous — it will just be presented as numbers of viewers per page, etc., with no name attached. You will always be provided with a clear explanation before you submit the information, on exactly how that information will be used.
- Public forums — Any chat rooms, message boards, or news groups associated with this site are public areas. Any information that is divulged through these sources is outside of our direct control, so you should exercise caution in discussing any personal information in these areas.
Links to other Web sites
Many parts of co-opliving.com contain links to other Web sites with information gathering and privacy policies of their own. We attempt to limit these links to sites that will be of strong interest to our visitors, but we have no control over those sites and their policies. You should consult the privacy policies of those sites separately.
We may, from time to time, partner with businesses such as travel agencies, gardening centers, or other commercial partners. As part of this partnership, we may allow such companies to send messages such as newsletters and promotional offers to visitors who have clearly indicated a willingness to receive such information.
Co-opliving.com may need to disclose certain information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, search warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding, or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
Minimum age requirements for children under age 13
Co-opliving.com is not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect any personally identifiable information, whether or not such information is voluntarily provided, from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian accesses co-opliving.com on behalf of a person under the age of 13, that parent or guardian is responsible for protecting that child’s personally identifiable information.
To ensure the security of credit card and related information, co-opliving.com uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.
Registration and password
Web site users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords, as well as for all usage of an account and/or user name, whether authorized or not authorized by the user. Web site users agree to immediately notify the site Webmaster of any unauthorized use of your user account, user name, or password.
Letter to the Editor
By submitting a letter to the editor you agree that they may be edited for style, length, and clarity. Submitted letters to the editor require a name, address, and contact information. Published letters may list your name, city/state, and your electric co-op.
Submission of content on this site
By providing any content or photos to this site, you agree to grant Cooperative Living and co-opliving.com royalty-free, perpetual, and nonexclusive rights to use, display, edit, publish, or archive it in whole or in part. You further warrant that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant the license specified above. And you acknowledge and agree that the site editor has the right to refuse to publish, or to remove, or to block access to any content you provide, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
For questions, comments or assistance, please contact us.