Maryland Crab ImperialJump to Recipe | See more: Featured
Courtesy of SMADC buylocalchallenge.com and Ellynne Davis
- 1 lb. Maryland lump crab
- 1 green bell pepper: 3 tablespoons chopped, remainder thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper: 3 tablespoons chopped, remainder thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 dashes hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon crab seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large tomato, seeds and juice removed
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix crab, chopped red and green peppers, onion, garlic, egg and
mayonnaise. Add hot sauce, dry mustard, wine, and crab seasoning; stir gently. Spray 10-inch baking
dish with cooking spray. Spoon crab mixture into dish. Arrange strips of red and green pepper and
tomato over the crab in a decorative pattern. Place butter, lemon juice, and paprika on top of dish.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove dish from oven. Top with feta and additional seasonings, if desired.
Return to oven for five minutes, or until the crab is golden and bubbly. Garnish with basil and sliced
lemons. Serves 4.
Visit buylocalchallenge.com to find more recipes from the 2020 Buy Local Challenge Celebration
Recipe Book Sip and Savor Local Flavors.