Beef & Pasta Skillet PrimaveraJump to Recipe | See more: Beef, Entrees, Pasta
Courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Virginia Beef Council
- 1 lb. ground beef (96% lean)
- 14 ½-oz. can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch slices
- 14 ½-oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Stir in broth, pasta, squash, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until pasta and squash are almost tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.