Delicious Tomato PieJump to Recipe | See more: Side Dishes, Vegetables
Courtesy of Cynthia Johnson, Mount Jackson, Va.
- 1 ¼ lbs. plum tomatoes (about 5 large)
- 9-inch pastry shell, pre-baked
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Place half of the tomatoes in pastry shell. Top with onions and remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and cheddar cheese; spread over tomatoes leaving 1/2 inch around the edge. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.
Editor’s note: Can be used with regular mayonnaise and regular cheddar cheese.