A woman known for being daring, brave and adventurous was born in 1897. In 1932, she became the ﬁrst woman to ﬂy solo across the Atlantic Ocean. Later that year, she was the ﬁrst woman to make a solo, nonstop ﬂight across the United States. On June 1, 1937, she attempted to ﬂy around the world. Tragically, her plane vanished near Howland Island in the Paciﬁc Ocean and no trace of her or her plane has been deﬁnitively found.
- Find this famous pilot ﬂying her plane someplace in this magazine and give the page number.
- Using the info given above, do some research and help Hay Seed and City Slicker ﬁnd the name of the pilot.
- Have you ever ﬂown in an airplane?
- Would you like to get your pilot’s license one day?
The Kids Korner submissions are for children under the age of 16.
April Super Sleuth
The April Super Sleuth talked about scavenger hunts. For a chance to win a $25 Amazon e-mail gift card, kids were asked to give the page number of the hidden nest of eggs and tell us when the Easter Bunny may have ﬁrst hopped into American folklore, using the clue Osterhase.
The correct answers are:
• Page 9
• In the 1700s by German immigrants who settled in Pennsylvania
Our winner is Bradley. Congratulations, Bradley!