Hay Seed and City Slicker are trying to solve the following riddle.
When I’m young, I’m tall. When I’m old, I’m short. When I’m alive, I glow.
Because of your breath, I die.
What am I?
They know the answer is hidden somewhere in this magazine and they need your help to find it.
Try to solve the riddle and then take a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card by completing the following requests:
- Name the answer to the riddle.
- Find a picture of the answer in the magazine and give page number.
- How long did it take you to figure out the riddle? Did someone help you solve it?
October Issue Super Sleuth
The October Super Sleuths was about color. For a chance to win a $25 Amazon email gift card, kids were asked to find the famous scientist and his rainbow experiment hidden in the October issue. They were also asked to identify the scientist, name the scientific tool he used for the experiment, and say whether they have ever used the tool in science class. Lastly, they were asked to name seven colors of the visible spectrum in order.
The correct answers are:
- Page 2
- “The scientist’s name was Sir Isaac Newton. He used a prism. I have not used that tool.”
- “Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.”
OUR WINNER IS MERCY.
The Kids Korner submissions are for children under the age of 16.