Saucy Virginia BBQ BowlsJump to Recipe | See more: Entrees, Pork, Poultry
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 lb pulled chicken or pork prepared grits
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a saucepan stir together ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and onion.
- Heat on low for 10 minutes until all sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through.
- Heat pulled chicken or pork. Prepare grits.
- To assemble, layer grits, meat and sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
- This makes a great one-dish meal.
- Variation: Substitute mashed potatoes for grits.Virginia farmers across the state grow all the ingredients for this dish.