Harvest Steak and Quinoa SaladJump to Recipe | See more: Beef, Entrees
- 1 lb beef skirt steak (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1/2 cup lite raspberry & walnut salad dressing
- 4 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cup cubed butternut squash (½-inch cubes)
- 5 cup spring salad greens
- 1 large red apple, unpeeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine salad dressing and mustard in a small bowl.
- Place beef skirt steak and half of the dressing mixture in a food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat steak.
- Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cover remaining dressing; refrigerate.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place squash in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl; cover.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Cool; set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Remove brisket and carrots and keep warm.
- Place steak on rack of broiler pan so the surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (135°F) to medium (145°F) doneness, turning once.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, combine greens, squash, apple, feta cheese and remaining dressing mixture; toss to coat.
- Place salad on plates. Spoon scant 1/2 cup quinoa in center of salad; top with beef slices. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Cook’s Tip: To grill, pat steak dry with a paper towel. Place steak over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium-rare to medium (about 135° F to 145° F), turning occasionally. Adjust heat to prevent burning, as needed.